How to participate
Students under the age of 26 intending to follow a career in Aerospace can obtain RAeS Affiliate Membership for FREE. Among the many benefits of student affiliation is access to the monthly online magazine Aerospace. For full details click here.
Supporting the Loughborough Branch
Our supporters fall into four categories:
1) Branch Members - i.e. members of our parent Royal Aeronautical Society.
2) Branch Friends - i.e. non-members who pay an annual subscription to the Branch (see below).
3) Students - whether affiliate Society members or not.
4) Visitors - interested members of the public who occasionally attend our meetings.
It helps us greatly if our supporters, in whatever category, register with the Branch. If you currently receive regular emails from us, you are already registered and need take no action. If not, you can use the on-line form on the Contacts page* to register. Or just email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* If you are a member of the RAeS, please include also your membership number and state your grade.
Photo: Jeff Foust
For RAeS members and Students attendance at our meetings is
free. We encourage any other member of the public who attends
regularly to become a Friend of the Branch for which a payment
of £10 covers the whole season which usually includes at least nine lectures. Non-Friends are very welcome to attend but every time they do, we invite them to make a small donation at the end of the evening (£2 is suggested). To become a Friend please fill in the downloadable form, or an application form that can be picked up at any meeting, and submit it with your payment.
If you’d like to help run the Branch
just let us know. The more helpers we have, the better the programme we can run. And the more ideas the better. There is no hard work; Committee members are committed for three evenings a year at most. But to join the Committee you need to be a Branch Member or a Friend.